Wednesday, September 07, 2005

ekx ekx ekx ekx ekx

I just wrote a long entry about how I'm sick of film and wish I could make music instead and would, these days, prefer to be doing things all by myself in public social spaces, and how Smog inspires me to work hard to not be a crap filmmaker (by not being a filmmaker at all). And how my head is folding in on itself because I'm trying to navigate the matrix of decisions that is a film but it's putting my brain on hold in this shocking way but that being invited to move to the country (just me and him) by Bill Calahan while he makes his pretty fucking great music made me think: I'll just make really incredibly realistic movies that are totally dull or utterly nonsensical movies that have no logic or reason.

It's better that it got lost, because it made no sense anyway.

Just like all my future films.

No comments: