Thursday, May 11, 2006

O Transition

Aside from telling you all about my Tyler Durden-esque, start-a-fight-with-a-stranger episode in Starbucks, in which my well-honed understanding of how to spot an insane, beyond-logic customer and neutralize them with a single zinger brought me to a higher plane sheer joy (holyshittylerdurdenwastotallyright),

I will tell you that: the film I've been working on producing has kinda sorta folded, given that our Production Designer went crazy and quit and our director's car got totalled, All In One Day (which makes me think that maybe he should making a movie about that instead of about, uh, what the movie is actually about), so I'm packing it in and flying north to the green shores of my homeland.

Impromptu (about two weeks before I was supposed to go) and exciting.

Also, tonight my lovely new MacBook Pro has decided work quite well and connect to the internet, so I'm in the process of transfering my files from the old giant box of viruses onto this slim and smooth machine of wonders via Rajeev's ipod. Brillo. It takes 25 minutes to download something from my old PC and 2 minutes to upload it to the new computer.

Fare well, old PC. We had some good times. You got me through the final draft of my thesis, and I'll never forget you for that. Thanks Aniz for building that computer (and the one before that). I'm now a Mac person. Adieu! Adieu! Adieu!

2 comments:

Editorial said...

I'd call you a traitor to the PC cause, but really, you're on to greener pastures.

For some reason, everyone always thinks I have a Mac. To that I answer, "Dude, those things are expensive."

P.S. Enjoy Vancouver for me. I still have no idea what I'm doing this summer.

Anonymous said...

I'm still half-shocked that the frankenputer lasted as long as it did. I've got computers that I put together after yours sitting in a closet collecting dust.

Enjoy the Mac. I might switch over myself soon enough.