Sunday, October 17, 2004

Falltime

Very perfectly, it is raining right now. I am excited at the prospect of going to bed in a few minutes and falling asleep listening to the rain.

It's been an autumnal weekend.

After a fun but excruciatingly busy week involving shooting movies (or, well, one movie: TJ's) up at a horse ranch in Malibu all weekend (with all the dust you would expect in such a venture in hair, nose, etc.) then mad mad mad editing frenzy of trying to edit my own movie into a kind of shape for Thursday while hurdling one midterm on Tuesday and a second one on Thursday, this weekend I've allowed myself to unwind (unravel?) a little. (Actually, the active kind of unwinding took place Thursday night singing karaoke at a dive bar in Silverlake called the Smog Cutter while being berated by a smart-assed, foul-mouthed lady by the name of Sunshine)

So I got to run all the kinds of errands that are fun to run for oneself this weekend: buying groceries, washing the soild inch of grime and dust off my car, laundry, sleeping in, making muffins, watching movies (yes, watching movies counts as an errand--I'm in movie school!).

Best of all, it's been a little chilly this weekend; there's a bit of a nip in the air. When I went to school to watch a movie this morning, it was rife with the collegiate celebrations of parents' weekend/football game. Not a fall thing I'm used to, but very much like something out of the back of Martha Stewart Living. The library smelled like bonfire during my entire viewing of 'In The Mood For Love'. The house across the street from mine (the one with all the little doggies) has great Halloween decor on the porch.

And now, oh blessings from the sky, it is raining. I can't wait to go outside tomorrow and see what this world looks like with slightly less dust.

No comments: