Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Hello Navel

I'm getting better at churning out ideas for things to film. Good ideas, too. For a while, this was the hardest thing ever: come with an idea! make it a good idea! okay, good, now: shoot it! now!
But the most common thing to blurt out to yourself or others these days in Cinema-Television Production class is, "that's a film".

Stories about how you broke certain bones, friends who get attacked by knife-wielding maniacs, who said what in the bread aisle at Ralph's (oh Ralph's, knowing you now makes me understand The Big Lebowski that much better). It all adds up to movies.

It's getting a little obsessive for me. Can I make a film based on the Smog song "River Guard"? Can I shoot a non-sensical story based on what happened today as I was biking home at dusk (I rode past two people on bikes talking about how biking to and from school was their favorite part of the day and one person said, "I love riding my bike" and I said, "Me too".)? How about a mockumentary? Oooooooh lemme at it.

I'd shoot a movie about Derrida getting a haircut, but someone already did that.

No comments: