Thursday, July 14, 2005

Whither Pimple?

Yesterday I was in North Van coffee shop and a guy that looked like John Denver (wedge, wire-rimmed glasses) walked in with a big, bulky, boxy thing in his arms. He walked along to the hallway to the bathrooms, lay the boxy thing on the floor, took the plastic off to reveal it to be a microwave, plugged it in and lay on his side beside it as he heated up his meal.

Also in this coffee shop was the most beautiful gaggle of teenagers I think I've ever seen. They all had insane hair and tiny asses and weird but hot outfits and a clarity of skin that I really don't remember from my own teenage years. Where was the kid with the forehead so shiny and bumpy and red? Where were the brace-faces? Nowhere to be seen. I know I always had at least one volcanic zit on the go. Has modern science made the old kind of teenager obsolete? Possibly.

Actually, I take it back. A lot of the folks we've been auditioning have been teenagers, and even though they are super-cute, they still obviously have a lot anxiety and body issues. Glad to know that this still endures, however free from zits they are.

No comments: