Monday, July 25, 2005

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

It will horrify some gourmands to read this, but I still think my favorite meal in the world involves rifling around in the fridge and eating whatever I feel like eating in whatever strange combinations of bread and sauce and meat and cheese and veg I come up with. I just had a late lunch/early dinner of cranberry-walnut bread and seafood sauce and some of those lime tortilla chips and some cranberry juice and ponderossa cake and leftover lamb.

While standing at the counter filling in some of the remaining clues in the crossword I've been working on for three days.

The best place to do this is my parents' fridge. I could write poems to their cheese drawer, for starters: asiago and havarti and goat and feta and cheddar and brie, oh my! And they have lots of sauces, which, as the wisest know, is the reason other foods exist: to be conduits for sauce!

No comments: