Friday, August 26, 2005

Clearing House Digest of Mostly Unrelated Outbox Items

So I'm TAing an acting class for the entering grad students and they are so cute and fresh and well-rested and I'm so thrilled for them and the ride they are about to go on, this must be what it feels to work on the ride for the Hollywood Hotel of Terror, strapping people in, and one student said something about how she was unable to do something because she busy and I said, "Welcome to film school" and was that a little too bitchy, for the first day? Perhaps.

It's so hot in my apartment that I am trying to understand how outrageously hot it is by imagining that it's really cold outside and just how insane the heat would feel if that were true, though sadly it's not really true. I'm trying to encourage the slightly cooler air to come in the windows by walking around a lot. It's not working.

Our bathroom sink has returned to our bosom and I brush my teeth in its welcoming bowl with such fond joy. The drain was distressingly sluggish when we moved in and plugged up completely after Events Which Will Not Be Discussed and today a man came with a big machine and pulled (are you ready for this?) giant clumps of Former Tenant Hair out of the pipes so the water could run clear again.

Last night in my first directing class I felt smug because I said something quite smart in only eight words and nothing else. I employ a strategy of saying almost nothing in the first class if I can. This is pretty snotty, considering how much I end up saying in class by the end of the term.

Yesterday I made an executive decision that I needed stationary supplies to do all the stuff I have to do and bought lots of exciting things like the very small, brightly coloured Post-Its and a pen and one of those plastic folders with file divider things. Man, I love office supplies.

I also love a proper Autumn, and mourn for the loss of another one of those glorious seasons of rain and leaves everywhere and being bundled and warm in the cold outdoor air.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stationery with an "e" for "envelope". :-)

robyn said...

it's true.

i bought stationery.

what i really needed, however, was Stationary.

Editorial said...

Nerds!