Friday, July 14, 2006

Spectacular Fumble

And for our next classroom hijinx update: Today the teacher I TA for was announcing something to the class and accidentally said "And I know how to give head." He quickly amended his comment to: "I know how to get a head count." And then he kept talking, obviously hoping no one had noticed.

I thought about not pointing it out, and then I pointed it out. You can't let being professional get in the way of laughing really hard at something like that.

Kind of like how last week when I was working at the Student Production Office, someone called me to ask where to buy pasties in the city. "Pasties? Uh, what are pasties?" says my mouth, even while my brain is thinking, "He can't mean PASTIES, can he?" and "Perhaps this is another one of these culture gap things where Americans call something mundane and non-titty-related 'pasties'?" Then he explained what he meant and I laughed a little and then he was a little snooty and later got flabbergasted because I didn't know where to buy them. Not my fault: I buy mine in bulk from Costco.

No comments: