Monday, May 07, 2007

Legends of the Call

Today I'm covering the desk for an independent producer. She gets some funny calls sometimes, mostly just people off the street who want to know things about the films she's doing so they can get jobs. Today I checked the voicemail and there was the most incredible message from this woman calling, "regarding Brad Pitt".

She lays her story out like this: I saw him in a movie about the seven deadly sins and thought he was a handsome man. I feel like I've known him for a long time, which may or may not be due to my psychic abilities. I don't know if he's still with his main woman, who screwed over his previous girlfriend, and I have some concerns re: screwing her over because she may be physically stronger than me. But I did want to call and say hello and also mention that I've been bulimic for 30 years. Despite this, I still feel that we are all created equal in god's eyes and I really would like to just talk to Brad and hear his voice. Additionally, I'd like to inquire as to whether Brad is interested in New Hampshire gals.

She sums up her case thusly: "And, well... Brad Pitt! Bye Brad."

I should mention that this office has nothing whatsoever to do with Brad Pitt.

4 comments:

Ayesha said...

holy shit.

robyn said...

And yet, I feel like I used to work with people almost capable of leaving the same message. How happy am I that this was on voicemail and not a call that came in while I was in the office. She called on Sunday evening, her time.

robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

genius.