Tuesday, January 29, 2008

If My Old Clothes Can Do It, So Can Tom Cruise

I cleaned out my closet a couple weeks ago with the following revelations:

1) I have enough brown shirts to start an army

2) I have enough plaid shirts to start a country. I shall call the country... Canada

3) The other sports sock was way in the back there

Jeremy and I have a running discussion, if you'll pardon the expression, about feng shui and colon health. I can't remember exactly how these two things are related, except that he had a book on feng shui and it in there was a chapter about keeping your colon healthy and it had black and white drawings of a happy digestive tract and then an angry digestive tract that was jagged like lightning or the frazzled bits of an angry cartoon character's hair.

Somehow all this got translated into the idea that getting rid of your unnecessary stuff in an enema-like fashion will make you more at peace with the world. I just gave my closet its very own Master Cleanse, and it is now happy. It is not the single pebble on an empty shelf that Jeremy strives for, but that seems like a fast track to pneumonia.

In case you were wondering about my progress to adulthood vis a vis wire vs wood hangers: wire. And I've been using the same cardboard box for a laundry basket for three and a half years. But you know, cardboard, fibre, roughage, good for the colon!

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Dude, it's a really bad idea to have an army in brown shirts. Trust me...

robyn said...

Speaking of our Axis friends, I've spent an entire week talking to the Japanese about Germany. Ah, what a difference a fistful of decades makes!