Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vancouver Chat Poem

by artists formerly residing in Vancouver

me: o burnaby, you are lost to me
the train tracks
i wander
have no robin's donut stores

Sarah: !!!!!

me: a poem by robyn marshall

Sarah: a great poem
epic

me: so epic
i miss poems. and crosswords

Sarah: we could write a huge missive
poems are for high school summers
and lit class
doodlin
What would a vancouver epic be called
Dunbar

me: Dun-BARRRRRRRRRR!!
the heroic call to poets the lower mainland wide!
bring me your bic, your papermates,
bring me your sharpies and your dr. grips
we ride tonight!

Sarah: your donald's market shopping bags

me: your triple-o mugs

Sarah: and soggy bus transfers

me: glance not at the wheeling crows

Sarah: the palette of MEC passes 'fore me
the motley of lulu thunders by on rollerblades

me: do not be troubled by the torn tilleys that dot your path

Sarah: ha
(my favorite word uttered in beowulf was "lovelimb")

me: you have a higher calling, vancouver poets, a sharper purpose

Sarah: for penis

me: stretch your lovelimbs wide across the whaleroad

Sarah: WHALEROAD IS MY FAVORITE

No comments: