Monday, April 04, 2005

The Doretta Fan Club

Is there an actual club? I mean, is it, like, formal? Can I charter one? Can I be the first member and also the treasurer?

Dorrie's gonna fly to LA and drive up to Vancouver with me. She promises to change the CD and chat with me during the 24-hour (not in a row) driving odessy. Previous road trips with Doretta have apparently involved ridiculous and spectacular accidents (what was it? Minivan ended up perched atop a giant errant tire in the middle an NY freeway?) but for our roadtrip, the only accident will be accidentally eating too much ice cream.

Yay! D: bring a pen and I'll bring a notepad and together let's write an epic poem about dinosaurs on the way up, okay? We can rip off Milton like crazy! Weeee!

6 comments:

JEB said...

FODA (Fans of Doretta Anonymous) meets each Thursday in the basement of St. Mark's Episcopal Church on Kingsway. Members are encouraged to wear house slippers and bring vegan brownies.

Not affiliated with ALIAS (Andrew Lau is a Star).

Editorial said...

I am so excited.

Should I be making CD mixes? I think we should listen to Nancy Sinatra on the Northern California stretch of driving. And Songs: Ohia when it's dark out. A little Serge Gainsbourg when it's sunny out. Maybe some Jay-Z as we're leaving LA.

robyn said...

wow, weird. i spent an hour of computer-robyn quality time listening to nancy sinatra yesterday...

Anonymous said...

When are you two going to be in Vancouver?

I think I need some WestCoast return-time. Drop me an email.

tV

Editorial said...

I'm flying to LA May 9, then we're driving up May 11. We should be back in Vancouver no later than the 15th.

Anonymous said...

a doretta fan club! i would join!