Saturday, April 23, 2005

Fetch The Smelling Salts

Right, I know telling people about your dreams is obnoxious, but yesterday I had the flu and had fever dreams and they weren't all that crazy but I fully and completely believed they were real, because even when I was awake I felt like I was dreaming.

So in my fever dream, my neighbour, Mrs. Rodriguez, sat on the edge of my bed with medication for me to take and I was overcome with happiness that someone motherly had come to take care of me in my hour of head-spinning need and she had little glossy red pills but they kept sliding off the cutting board, which was on my lap, and getting lost in the bedding and I was slightly embarrased that she was there, because I hardly know her, but she was being very kind and then I fell asleep again before I could get the little red pills in my mouth and I when I woke up again I realized that she had pinned each pill individually to my blanket with bent wire so that I wouldn't lose them.

There were others, but I will you spare you, dear reader, from them.

But yesterday was a weird day and my head hurt a lot and I slept for 31 or 32 out of 36 hours, which should make up for the all-nighter I pulled on Tuesday (Wednesday).

Today I felt much better and put air in my bike tires, which suddenly made it much easier to pedal, and a much bumpier ride.

Oh, and today I found out that I'm producing an intermediate graduate film in the fall. When I'm not so swamped with the work of this term, I'll feel excited about it. It being, yes, the mad amounts of work I'll have next term. And also the mirrored sunglasses, powersuit and smoking habit (and possibly the flippy kind of cell phone?) that TJ points out I now need to acquire.

1 comment:

jlew said...

You have traded in your little post-its with the word "shit" on them for little post-its for the word "balls" on them.

Welcome to the real world, bay-beeee!