Friday, April 07, 2006

When It Goes Past Smart And Gets Into Stupid

My head's felt peculiar for the last few hours.

Perhaps this will excuse my irrational behaviour of a couple hours ago when I went into a video store (wonderful anachronistic name, "video store", a misnomer on top of misnomer) to get a copy of Dr. No so I can commence my shitty paper when I realised that half of the DVDs in the store were for sale, for pretty cheap. I was looking in the 2 for $20 and there was nothing good but then there was a rack of 2 for $5 and hot damn, Princess Mononoke was there! And wow, the 2 for $5 section of the store was big and also had Pirates of the Caribbean, which I've planned on owning ever since I saw it three times in the theatre and hey, I can use a copy of Election and wow! so cheap and I had (o this is so embarrasing) 5 DVDs in my hands before I realised I was in the (yeah) rental section and not the buying section.

I'm already the kind of OCD person who, when shopping alone, will go back to browse the same thing nine to twelve times, but this was really above and beyond the irrational call of duty for me.

I hope you all have enjoyed the Canadian spellings included in this post.

If all else fails, you will surely be entertained by this resin-cast Goblin King and his this-is-not-a-Disney-film package.

2 comments:

JEB said...

When they said they were re-releasing "Ziggy Stardust" with new packaging, I didn't think they meant "new package-ing".

Norman said...

Back in the old pre-digital download days, I used to go around record stores scooping up everything that I wanted and then, realizing that I could barely hold all of the records/CDs I was juggling (much less afford them), I was able to put them all back without any pangs of remorse.

Sure, it's a dirty trick I played on myself, but it worked!