Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Movie School Homework

So at the school I go to, one of the required classes is Visual Expression. You know, pictures and what's in them: lines, shapes, colours, tone, one-, two-, and three-point perspective, etc. The big ol' assignment for this class is a notebook in which you have demonstrate all of these concepts in still photographs. Affinity within the shot, contrast within the shot, affinitiy from shot to shot, the list goes on. It adds up to about ninety photographs that are simultaneously open-ended and very specific. Oh, and you've got to have a "subject" in each picture. So, it's challenging, and fun, yes, but also leads to acts of desperation, like this photo here.



This poor woman walked past me, I saw the bobble on her hat and I shouted, "A sphere!" to Rajeev and took this photo. I didn't end up using it.

I did, however, end up using this photo.



Affinity of Saturation Within the Shot. Rajeev is such a champ dresser, I didn't even have to make it black and white.

No comments: