Saturday, December 30, 2006

Best New Drink

I like hot coffee-related beverages but I hate caffeine. Sometimes I even hate decaffeinated coffee because they try to slip you caffeine like last summer when I camped out in Starbucks for the AC but the combo of a giant cup of accidentally caffeinated coffee and weeks of too much hot weather made me feel like I was on a bad acid trip. I like black tea but lots of places don't carry it. And herbal tea is nice you know, but a little limp-wristed in terms of hot beverage satisfaction. But check this out: the other day I ordered a mint tea at this place and the woman asked if I wanted a regular tea or a latte. I was sleepy and confused so it took me a couple seconds to think about it and say, "laaaaaatteeee".

When it came, it was green and foamy and you'd think weird but actually totally delicious. Green and minty and milky with foam. 5 seconds of internet research reveals it's exactly what the asians have been up to for years with their milk tea. I tried ordering it other places and created a system malfunction in the brain of the server. I'll just have to go to bubble tea places. The asians know where it's at. For the record, I've also been wearing a fanny pack over one arm.

No comments: