Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Denim Descent

The trajectory of jeans is as follows:

Level 1: Jeans You Like A Lot Although They Are A Little Crisp

Level 2: Jeans That Are Softening Up A Bit And Getting Some Genuine Fading Instead of That Fake, Store-Bought Fading

Level 3: Jeans You Put On Every Day Without Questioning The Outfit Choice

Level 4: Jeans To Wear On Set And Maybe The Walkie Will Wear Out The Pocket Or You'll Get Some Green Paint On Them, But It's Okay

Level 5: Jeans That Rip A Hole When You Pull Them On

My only pair of even possible #3 jeans wandered into #4 territory two weeks ago and tonight made their final swan dive into #5. Good thing Boxing Day is on the horizon.

1 comment:

Editorial said...

I am in search of new jeans myself. How is it they get old so quickly?

By the way, Blogger hates me. Why won't they switch me to Beta so I can tag all my Jay posts?