Monday, November 22, 2004

Judy May Be A Punk, But Robyn Is A Filmmaker

The good times abound.

I shot the last of my final project yesterday, a slightly sad moment, but also relieving. I'm pretty happy with what I've got on that one. More and more, heading into a shoot is like having my skull in a tourniquet, but once the camera starts rolling and the actors start making really strange and wonderful choices with my material, I fall in love with both my story (again) and with the idea of making movies. It's a wonderful feeling.

On Saturday I helped out on Mr. Jordan Innes's shoot. Yeah, it's a rock opera, set in snowy woods. I hope I'm not giving too much away by saying that, but the footage is as or more awesome then you can imagine. Let's just say there's a lot of really gloppy fake blood involved. And yes, we did shoot in real snow, up in Big Bear park in San Bernadino county. The air up there was shockingly clear and clean. And cold, as it turned out. And I was the only person on the shoot wearing boots.

When I get back to Vancity (December 12, if you want to know), I really want to go into my mom's grade four class and talk with them about movies. I mean, I love visiting my mom's classes anyway, and I love chatting with anklebiters about topics of interest, but the thought of talking about movies with a class of them makes me so excited. I'm planning out a little curriculum in my head already. Please, mom?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be back December 13th - January 5th. Drop me a line - tV