Sunday, November 07, 2004

You Should See The Other Guy

Yesterday I got my first black eye ever. I am so excited. It keeps changing colour. This morning it was a light purple wash over my eyelid. Then this red blotch showed up, and now there's a blue-ish arc developing in a sort of semi-circle above my eyelid. I wish I had the camera this weekend.

I got the black eye from knocking skulls with Brooke at BJ's birthday party. Knocking skulls very hard, I might add. The back of her heard collided with my forehead just over my left eyebrow. Later, the birthday boy dumped a creamer on my head, but only after I drizzled a bit on his head, but then, he antognized me into doing it, so really, we're both equally to blame.

Add this to the list of tramautic things to happen here.

Thing one was getting rear-ended with Sarah at a stoplight back in August. This spacy woman just drove right into us without stopping. It was so loud and so big and jolting and scary. My sunglasses flew right off my face. Although I didn't admit to myself at the time, it made me scared of the world, and particularly, of LA, for several weeks.

Thing two involved going to see a show at the Malibu Beach Inn in September, after which we (Brooke, Sarah, TJ, Jordan, and me) decided to go across the street to the beach. Then we decided to go swimming. It was around 2:30 in the morning. Later that morning, Brooke was out on the pier we had been splashing around next to and everyone is looking over the railing into the water and oh, what are they looking at? Oh, sharks. Little sharks (5 feet) but still. I swam with sharks, folks. In the dark. Remind you of the beginning of any movies?

The moral of the story is that none of this killed me and therefore it all makes me stronger. Right? Right. Now I make it all into movies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm so sorry.
I just wrote about the event.
-alex

robyn said...

The story from the horse's mouth:
http://www.alexandericinla.blogspot.com/