Friday, February 18, 2005

Conundrum

I got some bathing suit bottoms in the mail from J. Crew today. To go with the bathing suit top that I already have. Thereby perhaps creating the illusion of having a whole bathing suit, or: "bathing costume" or even: "togs".

The bottoms are a pretty colour (chocolate brown) and a nice cut. Problem is: they are slightly too big. This is the same problem I have with the other shorts that I wished to replace as bottoms. I know that this will result in the same problem: almost losing them in the briny deep and possibly having to sprint back to the towel bare-bummed.

So the question is: do I see if I can take them in or do I keep eating candied cashews until my ass grows to fit them? Please advise.

Also: any men with size nine feet out there looking for a nice blue pair of flip flops? The ones I got are absurdly wide for my feet. Like snowshoes. Janey: tell Alex.

3 comments:

Editorial said...

You really gots to visualize your ass as small. Anyhow, take those suckers in before they end up at the bottom of the ocean.

jlew said...

Live in the moment. Take in the shorts.

robyn said...

Good advice. It's only a symptom of how strangly my brain is working these days that I entertain notions like trying to change my shape to fit a pair of discounted bathing suit shorts.