Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Poor Man's ipod

Why haven't I thought of this before? The other night I made a huge playlist, like five hours long, of music that I have on my computer that I never really listen to, one track of each album. I picked songs with good names. The result is freakin' good mix-o of music. I had inklings of why people go apeshit for ipods, but this magic playlist is really selling it home to me. Not that I can afford an ipod, or will be able to afford one for the next, oh, five years? I'm hoping to win one as a door prize at some point.

Or maybe I'll be magically transported to the Sundance Film Festival and receive one free in a gift bag, along with a snowboard, which I will sell to make rent.

Now to find out whether the DVD that Alex leant me today of Pitchfork's top 50 albums of 2004 will be readable by my cd drive. Cross your fingers, folks!

3 comments:

alex or eric said...

dude did the DVD work?

robyn said...

nar. no dice. but they're in mp3 format, yes? so sarah can put them on her computer and burn them onto cds for me, yes?

alex or eric said...

yeah you got it! good. tell her to take it all too.