Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Easing the Spring

For spring break, I had elaborate plans of getting lots of stuff done. My body has had other plans, namely: making up on strange sleep cycles of late. That's okay. I am of the philosophy that sleeping is the kind of work your body needs to do. Knitting up the raveled sleeve of care, etc.

I did get my windshield wipers fixed, though, which took all day today when driving all over the city looking for the Downbeat Cafe with TJ is figured in. This improvement means that I can now clean the dust of my windshield with wipers whenever I please, instead of waiting until a gas station visit affords me access to a squeegee. In other words, it's not likely this car is likely to see rain for, oh, another two years or so.

We drove around in the hot sun with the windows all the way down and Love and Theft playing a very high level, thereby taking our place in the landscape of gridlocked cars blasting Dr. Dre and latino pop under the helicoptered sky while the Hollywood sign winked brown through the smog.

This evening I enjoyed a delightful dinner with Scrivy and Lee, also known as my godparents, or they would be if any kind of religious-type custodianship happened in my family, which it doesn't. They are the kind of people make me realize how much I am like my parents because my parents really like them and I really like them too. Anyway, they are in LA and treated Jordan and I to a large and nutritious dinner (starting with a large and nutritious martini, which I didn't ever quite recover from) and a Clippers game. All in all, I felt fancy, and that was great.

I love hyacinths. They are lovely and smell like spring.

4 comments:

JEB said...

Holy shite. Shite shite shite. I've been waiting for a Clippers reference, for, God, seven months now. Boo-yah. I like it.

Wanted to wish a happy spring break to you and the other spring breakers.

Do you think it's possible to get that Macbeth poster as a tattoo? Maybe on my right thigh? Comments?

JEB said...

Am I the only one who's convinced Dylan didn't actually write "To make you feel my love"?

SHL said...

Re: Bob Dylan, I thought the same thing. I think we had this discussion in the past (?), non? It cannot be him. It cannot even be Lanois, I dont think. I think it's that guy who ghostwrote White Men Can't Jump and every other film made for mass enjoyment.

robyn said...

Glad I could help you out there, Jermaine. Clippers: not named for a boat, but for the driving habits of Angelinos. And that tattoo would be great as one of those whole-back jobs. Especially with that string tank top you always wear to the Dundarave Hoedown in July.

Shle: one might tentatively posit that most every film is made for mass enjoyment, but then one would be accused of being a USC student.