Tuesday, March 29, 2005

That Good Old Realization Feeling

Either Georgie Lucas has lost a lot of weight and smiles at strangers (i.e.: me) or there's a teacher at USC (in the Lucas building, no less) who looks a lot like a skinny G.L. Or a tall ewok, whatever you prefer.

So I think I have figured out the mystery of the abadoned furniture that litters the sidewalks of the neighbourhood. Or, specifically, the mystery of where it goes. Yeah, a truck comes and picks it up. This is a pretty obvious solution, but really, I've wondered about this since approximately August 15th, 2004, and only saw this picking-up activity two days ago. It's good to know that Occam's Razor is still in operation.

Also: this week is "Iraq Week" which is a stunning development in which it seems some students at USC have some kind of politcal consciousness? Really! It's all very heartwarming in a school where kids ride around on bikes unapologetically plastered with Bush 2004 stickers and the TV in the food court is tuned to FOX.

2 comments:

JEB said...

a) Yes, Lucas is an Ewok. And one who can't direct anymore, though I do remember (through a haze of liquor) enjoying the preposterously-named new film's tailer.

b) USC. The initials say it all. But the Iraq week is a sign of hope.

c) Occam's Razor. Good Jodie Foster ref. As in "Contact."

d) I can't remember.

e) Shel Silverstein. Genius? Pervert? Both? (Complete non-sequitur.)

robyn said...

Re e): both, also Hippie (cf: "I just wraps my hair around my bare and down the road I go") and Pirate (cf: "Captain Hook")