Sunday, March 06, 2005

Small Ones Are Sweeter

Let's hear it for mochi ice cream.

That's pretty much all I have to share with you today, because if I started talking about how LOUD the undergrads talk in the sound editing lab and how DIFFICULT it is to cut the noise of dough being kneaded over this din, I would get all pissy and longwinded and it wouldn't be fun to read.

But mochi ice cream, that's something sing about.

Soft, powdered, best after about five minutes outside the freezer, it's a bit like biting into a freshy bathed baby, if any of you are into biting babies.

A simple ball of ice cream inside a mochi jacket, it's the perfect blend of gluten-y starch and sweet sweet cold sweetness. Give it a whirl, it's sure to please.

2 comments:

JEB said...

Okay, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing here, since the Taiwanese word was "Mwa-ji"...the stuff is the shit, but it would always melt on the 5 minute (but humid as hell) trip between the grocery store and home.

Editorial said...

I think in Hong Kong it's "Lo Mi Chi" or something like that. I ate of much of it I gained fifteen pounds.