Thursday, March 10, 2005

Well I Wrote And Directed A Hit Play, So I'm Not Sweating It Either

The film, the film, it's done.

Sound editing: Meditative. At times, maddening (5 hours of synching 8 seconds of screen time).

Pro Tools: great, and specifically, runs circles around Avid.

Waiting Around for five and half hours to check sound file output when you've been getting very little sleep and skipping classes (sorry, Drew) to make the deadline: not so cool.

The Mix this afternoon: euphoric, as all the hard work laid down gets finessed and finessed and finessed until your movie becomes what you always knew it could be.

Future plans include: wash hair, do laundry, go grocery shopping, go to screening, feel like a superstar, partypartyparty, sleep.

Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs Obsession: still going strong. Caught myself singing 'The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side' to myself in the sound lab. Currently trying to link up all past relationships with a song. What song do I love the most? Don't make me choose; I want to marry them all.

This post is dedicated to shouting "Don't fuck with my play!", getting punched in the face and then walking onstage in slow motion with a piece of tissue up one's bloody nose.

No comments: