Sunday, May 01, 2005

Love the Band, Hate the Fans

Today I was talking to a TA of mine who continually mixes me up with this other person in the class and when I pointed out that, yet again, she had done this, she said something along the lines of "you guys look the same, i don't know, brown hair, all-American girl..."

So now I'm having a crisis in which I want to start dying my hair bright red and orange again.

What the fuck? The only all-American thing I'm interested in is the Neko Case song.

After I told her that I was not, in fact, American, she told me about being in Barbados and realising that the rest of the world actually likes Canada; that it's only America that has this odd, resentful, disdainful attitude towards Canada. Where's Rick Mercer when you need him?

2 comments:

jlew said...

Sounds like how a certain F-ing T(eacher) kept calling me "Janet" when I TA'ed for her. Until I corrected her one day in front of everyone and she decided we would be best friends. "Oh wow! Love your handbag!" [gag!]

SHL said...

It's not the band I hate, it's the fans. Coax me, coax me coax me - Sloan