Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Haven't Left The House All Day: Awesome

Today has been all about harnessing my avoidance tendencies to get things done. They might not be the things I ought to be doing, no, but at least they are something. There's nothing like a deadline for a piece of writing to make me clean my room with a rabid kind of thoroughness. I just dusted the base of my desk lamp (and it was fillllthy).

But today, I have employed the strategy that only works when you have a whole bunch of stuff to get done: procrastinate on doing what it is you have to do by doing something else you have do. It totally works! Especially if you take breaks for tea, dancing and to look at the Martha Stewart website for advice on succulents.

Completely unrelated, but no less uninteresting: when location scouting in Sunland, Sierra Madre and north Pasadena (basically the freeway-accessed suburban areas to the north and east of L.A.) we frequently came across a whole buncha peacocks. Constantly and randomly. Like, walking down the middle of a street, or perched all over a house. Apparently someone in that area many moons ago had a lot of peacocks and either they escaped or were released and now they wander and squak all over place in those hills and driveways up there. Have you ever heard a peacock call? It sounds like someone being stabbed in the neck. FYI if you were planning to live there. Or shoot. Ha ha.

1 comment:

SHL said...

me thinks those are Lucky Baldwin's peacocks to be precise!