Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Why I Am A Humanist

Yesterday I was at work behind the desk in the Student Production Office and this very boring looking guy walks in, 30-something, boring hair, boring suit, nice-looking boring face with a placid smile to ask me about an address in the cinema complex. He points me to his notepad with the building and room on it and that's when I see he has the most awesomely ridiculous goth ring on: silver, takes up the entire first segment of his middle finger, lots of curlicues and bumps and christened with a giant blue cat's eye in the middle.

Is this what happened to the goths? I thought they had died out completely and I miss their extreme intensity (there's something so teenaged and therefore nostalgic about that kind of intensity) but maybe they just got haircuts and suits?

The man yesterday made me really happy with his massively intense ring. The passion of the goth lives on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They all moved to Montreal.

Goths are hot -- the in-shape ones at least. The most kinky I ever got was with a Goth (girl).

But enough of that.