Monday, February 20, 2006

In Other News

As Janey and Doretta could tell you, I'm a little obsessed with the news sometimes. Lately, the most interesting and rewarding new stories for me are in the science and health sections. This is my favourite story of late.

For me, the payoff to this is the last paragraph.

And here, Georgie Orwell would be proud.

The Guardian, apart from the obvious satisfaction re: the Brit historian who got three years of jail for denying the holocaust, is good for British nudity and squabbles over which fabulous art gallery is more/less fabulous: MoMA, Tate Modern (p.s.: A: BOTH of them, you twits). Also Mr. Gervais laughing out of your speakers.

And please, please, please, don't miss this. Especially the pictures.

This past summer, I worked in a TV newsroom for about 8 seconds. I got to listen to the police scanner for news of dead bodies and motorcycles, condense copy from one broadcast to the next and for a few thrilling moments, actually write stuff (something about the Queen and something else about Trudeau being in hospital) that then got read on the air. I think that will be the end of my journalism career, but I will continue to be a journalism hobbyist for, at this rate, a while.

No comments: