Wednesday, February 15, 2006

LoveTSucks

When I lived in Japan, purikura (aka Print Club)was all the rage. 300 yen in one of these:


got you a set of fifteen photo stickers of you and your friends (unless you want to get a purikura of just you, but that's like, uh, going on a moonlit horse and buggy ride by yourself) which you then trade with all of your friends at school, or popular girls who you don't even know you and who rock a Paris Hilton look/attitude and see the gaijin handing out purikura and say "choodaiiiiiiii" until you give them one.



Anyway, my friend Emilie had this purikura in which she is making a sad face and she wanted the caption to say "Love Sucks" but she got flustered while spelling the thing out on the two button machine and wrote "LoveTSucks" instead, a situation which is sort of the epitome of Love Sucking.

Anyway, for all of you out there feeling droopy about being single, consider the multi-hour, middle of the night, middle of the street, multi-participant (definitely two female, one or two male) love spat that went on under my window last night. I couldn't discern words. Just a lot of "blah blah BLAH. Eh? EH?" Miranda heard such gems as "I knew him first Ronnie, okay?" and "You expect me to leave like this?".

For the record, I don't think that love sucks, but I'll bet the Midwinter Night's Nightmare crew of last night had a really shitty Valentine's.

No comments: